The Power of Positive LivingSep 23, 2021
The Power of Positive Living - With covid19 still lingering and affecting us, having a positive mindset is more important now than ever.
A positive mindset can give you more confidence, improve your mood, and even reduce the likelihood of developing conditions such as hypertension, depression and other stress -related disorders.
All this sounds great, but what does the “the power of positive thinking” really mean?
Here are seven ways that can help you live positively intentional:
1. Start the day with a positive affirmation
How you start the morning sets the tone for the rest of the day. Have you ever woken up late, panicked, and then felt like nothing good happened the rest of the day? This is likely because you started out the day with a negative emotion, stress or hurried through the morning. Instead of letting this dominate you, start your day with positive affirmations. Talk to yourself in the mirror, even if you feel silly, with statements like, “Today will be a good day” or “I’m going to have an awesome today. This is going to be a GREAT day” You’ll be amazed how much your day improves.
2. Focus on the good things, however small.-Almost always, you’re going to encounter obstacles, disappointments throughout the day—there’s no such thing as a perfect day. When you encounter such a challenge, focus on the benefits, no matter how small, insignificant, or unimportant they seem. For example, if you get stuck in traffic, think about how you now have time to listen to the rest of your favorite podcast, The DrStem Show or any other ones you favor.
3. Find Humor in Bad Situations-Allow yourself to experience humor in even the darkest or most trying situations. Remind yourself that this situation will probably make for a good story later and try to crack a joke about it. Say you’re laid off; imagine what you can do with some free time and how you could find another exciting opportunity ….or start that business that you have wanted to start.
4. Turn Failures into Lessons- You and I are not perfect. You’re going to make mistakes and experience failure in almost everything you do at times, both at home and work, it’s ok and normal to do so. Instead of focusing on how you failed, think about what you’re going to do next time—turn your failure into a lesson. There will be a time in your life where you will use those lessons. Failures prepare you for Success.
5. Transform negative self-talk - Negative self-talk can creep up very easily and is often hard to notice. You might think I’m so bad at this or I shouldn’t have tried that. But these thoughts turn into internalized feelings and influence how you see yourself. When you catch yourself doing this, stop and replace those negative messages with positive ones. For example, I’m so bad at this becomes Once I get more practice, I’ll be way better at this. I shouldn’t have tried becomes That didn’t work out as planned—maybe next time.
6. Focus on the Present- I’m talking about the present—not today, not this hour, only this exact moment. You might be getting chewed out by your boss, relationship, or lack thereof, it is just a moment. Forget the comment he/she made five minutes ago. Forget what he/she might say five minutes from now. Focus on this one, individual moment. In most situations, you’ll find it’s not as bad as you imagine it to be. Most sources of negativity stem from a memory of a recent event or the exaggerated imagination of a potential future event. Stay in the present moment.
7. Find Positive Friends, Mentors and Co-workers - When you surround yourself with positive people, you’ll hear positive outlooks, positive stories and positive affirmations. Their positive words will sink in and affect your own line of thinking, which then affects your words and similarly contributes to the group. Finding positive people to fill up your life can be difficult, but you need to eliminate the negativity in your life before it consumes you. Do what you can to improve the positivity of others, and let their positivity affect you the same way.
Almost anybody in any situation can apply these lessons to their own lives and increase their positive attitude. As you might imagine, positive thinking offers compounding returns, so the more often you practice it, the greater benefits you’ll realize. Which one of these 7 will you start with today?
A Little About what I do and How I may be of assistance...
I am a Licensed Psychotherapist, Certified Business, and Life Coach. You might also see me as one your EAP Employee Assistance Trainers presenting Trainings and Webinars on Stress Management, Leadership Skills Team Management, Grief and more on Wellness and Self-care.
I am also a Certified Passion Test Facilitator which my number one Passion helping others Find their Purpose and Passion in this one life. My Motto is YOLO (You Only Live Once) Make it Your Best Life. I have worked with men and women who were struggling with challenges like: self-esteem, self-confidence, self-sabotage, depression, anxiety, relationship problems, needing clarity, starting an online business, changing jobs and more.
If you need more help in any area I have mentioned above, and you want to chat about it and see if we are a good fit to work more closely together, then
DrStem Be Encouraged
Leave your message below, and I’ll reach out to see how we can best connect and start you down the path to health, wealth and financial freedom.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.